On the March 13, 1948 KULP began broadcasting.  Culp invited the public to an informal open house where listeners toured the wondrous new studios at 515 E. Jackson. 
KULP signed on at 7 a.m. with five minutes of music followed by a five-minute newscast read by Bill Lamb.  Max Westerholm's farm program ran until 7:30 a.m. when the “Lucky 1390” program featuring popular music and requests took to the air waves.

Next Culp created the longests running radio progam in America. (MORE)